Help Desk Technician
IMPACT is the leading IT and technology services firm that provides all-inclusive and complete IT, Document Solution, Voice and Web solutions to businesses, non-profits, municipalities, and schools in Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia. IMPACT provides its unique approach in delivering its solutions from years of discipline converged into clear standards for support.
IMPACT and all its team members love technology and its ability to improve lives, improve processes, and improve businesses. We infuse technology innovation in our solutions, support and clients to allow organizations to improve and facilitate enhanced processes, better outcomes and provide solutions that allow technology to work in the customer’s favor.
Help Desk Technicians provide tier 1 support for hardware and software regarding workstations and basic networking equipment. Technicians respond to service requests and deliver the proper solutions, whether on-site or remotely, in a prompt and friendly manner. Help Desk Technicians facilitate and foster long-term solutions and relations with clients that in turn build raving fans.
The Goals of a Help Desk Technician are:
- Restore Service Efficiently
- Expedient Responses
- Customer Delight
- No “Geek” Speak
- Train on Proper Technology Use
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Appetite to learn and try new things
- Customer service orientated
- High stress tolerance
- Proficiency with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software based issues
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills; effectively manage multiple priorities
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner
- College degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Ability to use various tools to install necessary hardware